Why Does Frosty Have a Button Nose?
Unlike most snowmen that have a carrot for a nose, Frosty has a button nose. He also has two eyes made out of coal, smokes a corncob pipe and comes to life whenever he is wearing his magical top hat.
With most snowmen having a nose that is a carrot, why was Frosty's nose a button? This researcher was not able to find the reason for this, so let's just make a list speculating why our friend Frosty was made with a button nose:
- There are reports of snowmen being created from freshly fallen snow dating back to the 1300s. It is possible that at one time, that snowmen were created using things laying around the house and carrots would have been a rare commodity during the cold winter months.
- As we all know, Frosty is special. He needs to have some way to stand out from all of the other "average" snowmen.
- Is it possible that they believed that his nose would stay on better when he came to life? It would probably be embarrassing to spin around in a magic whirl, coming to life, and your nose falls off.
- When the kids went to build Frosty (when they wrote the song), maybe the were just fresh out of carrots and the stores were closed. All they had were some extra buttons.
- Oppositely, they could of said carrot in the song, it works.. "With a corn-cob pipe, and a [carrot] nose, and two eyes made out of coal."
Either way, we all love Frosty. He is a very special and unique snowman and we dare to try not to sing-a-long when you hear his theme song.
Do you have any suggestions or speculations?
Why do you think Frosty has a button nose and not a carrot? If you have any suggestions, let us know and we will add them to this post. You can let us know by leaving a comment on our Contact Us page - under the character of Frosty.
Some Interesting Snowmen from around the Internet
1 / 10
2 / 10
3 / 10
4 / 10
5 / 10
6 / 10
7 / 10
8 / 10
9 / 10
10 / 10